Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sketchbooks

I'll post some of the sketches from the books I've been keeping the past year. I never used to be able to do this, because I was too self-conscious about my drawings and fearful that someone would question what I was doing. Advice on websites to always carry a sketchbook convinced me I needed to become more willing to draw in public. Fortunately, I've found that no one pays any attention to what I'm doing. It's good practice, brings more variety through observation than when I'm always drawing out of my head.


In a Meeting
Beneath First Canadian Place, the two talking and the standing man were wandering around the PATH during lunch hour, the others were in a food court:
In a meeting

At a free showing of a couple Godard movies at Innis Hall
On the subway, returning to Scarborough, late in the evening

On the subway
More subway

No comments:

Post a Comment